Join us for the 2018 switch on, Wednesday 14th November from 5pm.
With just three weeks until the official switch on, here’s your latest update from Holt Lights.
- Road closure will be in place from 4pm until 8pm, restricting the use of the High Street
- Entertainment from 5pm hosted by our wonderful compares for the evening Helen McDermott (formerly of Anglia TV) and Nick Conrad of BBC Radio Norfolk
- Join us for our inaugural Pantomime Horse race from 5.30pm on the high street (four spaces remaining).
Contact Colin at The Red Dot Gallery
- Entertainment from Local bands The Lighters and The Walks
- Dress Up , Panto or Christmas or Fancy Dress – A Prize for the best dressed child and adult – let you hair down!
- Santa will have two, YES TWO grottos this year. He begins his work at the Community centre between 4pm – 5.30pm and continues after the parade in Bakers and Larners from 6.45pm until 8pm
- Our parade of light departs from the Methodist church around 6:10pm and follows Santa and the gang up to the main stage and ready for switch on. GET INVOLVED! ITS YOUR TOWN & EVERYONE IS WELCOME Make your lantern, grab a torch or any item that brings light and join the fantastic parade, this year lead by Thursford Spectacular Pipers.
- Our Christmas message will come via Father Howard and Cliff from the Methodist Church culminating with carols from the Choir.
- We aim for a 6.30pm switch accompanied with spectacular fireworks
- The entertainment will continue with a 45 minute set from Norwich band, The Walks
We look forward to welcoming you all to this year’s switch on event.