Join the community and people of Holt for the 2019 switch on, Wednesday 13th November from 5pm.
Our hosts for the evening , pictured below, will be OLLY DAY & HELEN McDERMOTT. Both have generously volunteered their time and merriment.
Catch Olly at The Cromer Pier Christmas Show – 23rd Nov – 30th December and Helen in Jack and The Beanstalk at Gorleston Pavilion Theatre 12thDecember – 5th January
- Our normal road closure will be in place from 4pm until 9pm this year which will restrict access down the main high street. Traffic will be diverted up Cley road where access to the Albert street car park is still available. On the other end there will also be diversions in place on Station road and Cromer road close to the Adnams shop
- In the high street we will have our epic stage provided by the wonderful people at Drury’s transport who donate a trailer free of charge each year for us. The stage will play host to a series of entertainment over the evening including our 6.30pm switch on with fireworks
- Our annual Pantomime horse race provides some of the biggest smiles on the evening. Traders and community members of Holt form three-person teams (two-part horse, one-part handler) for their chance to grab the world famous Sowerby’s cup. Watch on in awe as the dash up the high-street ensues, starting at the handler’s enclosure at the front of the main stage
- Up and down the high street, Shirehall plain and fish hill will see a mix of craft stalls, food and drink and entertainment
- Santa’s Grotto will be in two places this year; From 4.45pm until 6pm Santa will be based at The Methodist Church. Following the parade Santa will move into Bakers and Larners on the high street and will be available for visitors from 6.45pm until 8pm.
- This year’s switch on will be at 6.30pm shortly followed by a spectacular firework display visible from the high street and surrounding areas.
For all traders queries please contact us via The Facebook page. Our full list of traders will be available four week prior to the event.